Child Find activities are conducted in the Minidoka District to alert community residents of the need for identifying and service students with disabilities from the age of 3 through the semester in which they turn 21.
Ongoing Child Find activities are conducted to locate, identify, and evaluate students suspected of having a disability who may need special education.
While the Department of Health and Welfare is the lead agency for services ages birth through 2 years, the District coordinates with them to ensure a smooth transition of services to special education by the child's 3rd birthday.
The Child Find system includes all students within the district's geographic boundaries including students who are:
- Enrolled in public school
- Enrolled in charter and alternative schools
- Enrolled in home school
- Enrolled in private elementary and secondary schools
- Not enrolled elementary or secondary school, including children ages 3 through 5
- Advancing from grade to grade
- Highly mobile students
- Wards of the state
This document is also available as a downloadable pdf.